A common issue that appeared with DSM 7 is that some well known containers started crashing when the NAS boots up.
This is accompanyed by this error:
Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file:
The most common docker container images associated with this are:
To solve this you need to configure the Docker container with certain privileges, following these steps:
- Open the Docker application
- Go to “Container”
- Select and Stop the container (if running)
- Under “General Settings” press the “Configure capabilities” button
- Check “NET_ADMIN” and press the “OK” button
- If checked, uncheck the “Execute container using high privilege” and press the “Apply” button
- Start the container.
Here’s a screenshot to help you with these options: